Come learn from the Legend and Master of Surfski Paddling, Oscar Chalupsky, as he delivers the Art of Downwind Paddling Clinic on the eve of the Sharkbite Challenge! Topics to be included in this clinic will be:
- Surfski Starts (beach starts, rough water/shore break starts, and in-water starts)
- Working Your Quadrants (a theory that Oscar developed himself)
- Paddling technique before and on the wave
- To Brace or Not to Brace, that is the Question (and perhaps one Shakespeare himself might have asked had he had a ski!)?
- Reading waves and identifying troughs
- Linking Runs
- Effective Paddling when swells and wind waves don't align (paddling in a "Washing Machine")
- Precision Power on Downwinds
Here are a few things that have been said about Oscar over the years in his athletic domination winning Molokai 12 times, becoming World Surfski Champion 12 Times, and representing as a South African Olympian:
"Maybe he’s 'old school,'or maybe he’s just a freak of nature. Whatever
it is, one can’t help but be amazed at the longevity and tenacity of
Oscar Chalupsky" - Atlantic Paddler
"He is the most formidable force on and off the water" - Nelo Surfski
"Few paddlers hold a record comparable to that of Oscar Chalupsky, who
began his multiple water sports career during his school years" - Clint Robinson
Don't miss this opportunity to Advance your surf ski abilities and performance to the next level
with Oscar and join us for what will surely be one of the best clinics
available world wide ever!
* Because of the one-on-one aspect, this clinic will be limited to 10 paddlers.