The River Quest is back! It will return as a criterium style race fronting the Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park in historic downtown Beaufort, SC. This exciting race will be the first of its kind in the South East!
Spectators can watch the action up close from the Waterfront Park. It's just a 100 yard stroll from Bay (Main) Street to the race site. You won't beleive how fast some of these racers can go!
Paddlers chose between short ( 3.5 miles, 2 laps) and long (7.5 miles, 4 laps) courses. They can use any paddle craft, including Surfskis, Kayaks, SUPs, Prone Boards, Outriggers, Pedal Boats, and other Recreational Craft
Net proceeds go to the Youth Boating Program at the Beaufort County YMCA.
We will present awards for both the 2017 River Quest and the 2016 SEPSeries after the race. The presentation will take place in the Waterfront Park's lovely Contemplative Garden.
Adult: $45 ($50 starting April 2), Youth: $25
- Epic Kayak Club Carbon wing paddle. Carbon blade + green shaft. Small Mid Wing model. 210 to 220 cm. Retail value $299.
- SUP lesson for 2 from Tim Lovett at Higher Ground Outfitters
Other Good Stuff
- Gatorade, fruit, water and Cubanito sandwiches from Publix after the race
- River Quest T-shirts (Register by April 2, 2017 to ensure you get one)
- Certificates to 3d place in each class
- Get together after the awards in the nearby Q on Bay Restaurant.
High Performance Kayaks and Surfskis - Unlimited – All 18+ ft long kayaks plus narrow shorter boats like ICF K1′s and wildwater racing kayaks.
Fast Sea Kayak (FSK) – any single kayak or surf ski with a maximum overall length of 18’ and a 4” waterline beam of at least 8.5% of length
Sea Kayak – any single kayak or surf ski with a maximum overall length of 18’ and a 4” waterline beam of at least 10.8% of length
Rec class - Preferably boats 14 ft or less in length. Basically, anything goes!
SUP – 14'
SUP - 12'6"
SUP - 12' or under (surf)
Prone - 12'6"
Prone - 14'
OC-1 – Any one person canoe
Tandem – Any tandem canoe, kayak, or outrigger.
Pedal Boat - Hobie Mirage, etc.
Rowing Boats - 1 person
Each class is further broken down into Open (below 50) and Masters (50 and over).