Race Day Schedule
7:30-8:30am - Registration
8:45am- Mandatory Paddler Meeting
9:15am - Staggered Start by Event
11:00 - 1 Mile Kids Paddle
11:00 to 3:00 pm – After Party, Awards and hang out
Paddle Craft Divisions
· Stand Up Paddle Boards
· Apparel: Sun Hat, Polarized Sun Glasses, UV Shirt, Board Shorts / Paddle Shorts, Wind Breaker, Water Shoes, Bilge pump for kayaks, Hoodie / Warm up Jacket, Sun Screen
· Craft Supplies: Personal Floatation Devices for each Member (Required), bilge pump for kayaks, dry bag, paddles. All stand up paddlers must wear a leash and have a PFD on Board.
Awards/Prizes–will be awarded to the first place finishers in each age category for each respective class.
Water Support - We have focused our water safety on key areas: paddlers’ physical condition, recreational power boat traffic and weather conditions. To help with these areas we have asked the following groups, United States Coast Guard, Coast Guard Auxiliary, local Harbor masters, Bay Constable and Northport Fire Department Water and Rescue to assist us in making this a safe race. We plan to have water safety boats with flags for paddlers as well as roving patrol boats.
Paddler Meeting- There will be a meeting before the start of the race which will go over the race course, rules and safety procedures. Also a discussion on weather conditions, currents, and problem areas around the course.
Accountability- Any participant that bails out before completing the race, must contact the Cow Harbor PaddleFest committee immediately by informing a designated Committee Boat on your course. Furthermore, all racers that complete their race commitment must check in with the Race committee timer at the finish.
· The Cow Harbor PaddleFest Committee reserves the right to refuse entry and participation to anyone at anytime for any reason.
· Expel or disqualify any individual or boat for lack of required equipment, unsafe operation, and/or disregard for event rules or unsportsmanlike behavior.
· Disqualify any individual or boat who has gained an advantage by drafting any boat outside 500 feet, ignoring someone in distress, or causing damage to another craft.
· All racers must have a PFD on their craft for each member.