To Be the Best, You Need to Train With the Best!
Paddle Power Trainer Athletes Include: Travis Grant (NSP), Annabel Anderson (Lahui Kai), Georges Cronsteadt (SIC), Lincoln Dews (Lahui Kai), Eric Terrien (BIC), Kelly Margetts (Lahui Kai), Slater Trout (Infinity), Jayden Jensen (Lahui Kai), Beau O’Brian (Starboard) and Many More!
Welcome to the Paddle Power Trainer
Being able to service the needs of all paddle abilities, fitness levels and goals is very important. This is why Elite Paddle Coach, Mick DiBetta, created the Progressive Paddle Power Training Pyramid so that every individual athlete can become the best that they can be. Each program has been designed to seamlessly take the athlete to their next training goal. From novice paddlers looking to move into a stronger race performance to experienced athletes reaching for the Top Ten at Battle of the Paddle. It is your training, your goals…achieved!
Each Paddle Power Trainer program includes the following key components:
- Multi-Day, Goal-Specific Workouts with Detail Explanation
- Videos to Highlight Proper Technique and Injury Prevention
- The Paddle Power Trainer Strength Training Bonus Pack
Paddle Power Trainer Program Levels
See below to determine which Paddle Power Trainer Program option is right for you!
Novice 8 Week BASE Training Program ($79):
The Novice Base Training Program is an introduction into Interval Training to build a strong Aerobic base through low to moderate Aerobic Endurance interval training and some low volume Anaerobic Training.
Who Is It For?
This Novice 8 week program is designed for the paddler that is starting out on the SUP to help them get into shape, gain confidence and even lose a few pounds. The interval sessions are designed to increase paddling fitness and strength, to be able to be more comfortable on the water and further enjoy your time spent paddling.
What the Program Includes:
- - 8 weeks periodise training plan of 30 to 40 minute interval training sessions, twice per week
- - Introduction to the RPE (Rates of Perceived Exertion) intensity training scale, by using three different intensity levels – RPE 11-12, RPE 13 and RPE 15
- - Low to moderate Aerobic conditioning intervals with progressive loading to introduce some Anaerobic training
- - BONUS Strength exercises designed to increase strength and stability in the body to perform SUP paddling efficiently
Intermediate 8 Week BASE Training Program ($79):
The Intermediate Base Training Program aims to increase Aerobic Endurance conditioning using low to high intensity Aerobic intervals to progressively build adaption to Anaerobic training and develop some lactate tolerance.
Who It is For?
This Intermediate 8 week program is designed to take the paddler, with a solid base, to the local competition arena. The interval sessions are specifically designed to increase cardio fitness and specific paddling strength. It is very time effective, so it will fit in with managing busy lives.
What the Program Includes:
- - 8 weeks periodised training plan of 40-50 minute interval training sessions 3 times per week
- - Introduction to the RPE (Rates of Perceived Exertion) intensity training scale through interval training by using 4 different intensity levels – RPE 11-12, RPE 13 and RPE 18
- - Low to high Aerobic conditioning intervals, designed to progressively load in volume with the introduction of Anaerobic training through anaerobic threshold interval sets and some Lactate Tolerance training
- - BONUS Strength exercises designed to specifically increase strength and core stability in the body, needed to perform SUP paddling at a high intensity
Advanced 8 Week BASE Training Program ($79):
The Advanced Base Training Program aim is to develop conditioning of all energy systems to function efficiently when under intense exercise. With a solid Aerobic base and a developing Anaerobic threshold paddling pace. Introduction of Alactic Training to increase speed and power.
Who Is It For?
This Advanced 8 week program is designed for a paddler who has his eye on a personal best performance, either at training or racing at the competitive level. This can be done without spending long hours on the water or in a gym.
What the Program Includes?
- - 8 weeks periodised training plan of 60 minute interval training sessions 3 times per week to progressively build in volume and intensity
- - Using the 3 energy systems in the correct combination of volumes and intensities to get the best adaptation to high level paddling fitness
- - Use of all levels of the RPE Intensity Training scale, to cope with all paddling conditions and intensities
- - BONUS Strength exercise training plan specifically designed for strength and core stability to withstand all levels of SUP paddling and racing