The Paddle Battle is fun for paddlers and spectators alike. It starts and finishes at Parris Island Landing on Battery Creek in "Cool Coastal Port Royal".
Spectators can watch the start and finish from the Parris Island Boat Landing or adjacent boardwalk.
There are two race distances: 3.5 miles ( should be ideal for intermediate paddlers) and 7.0 miles (will provide a challenging workout for advanced paddlers).
Adult: $45, Youth: $25
Huge Raffle Prizes
- Adventure All Arounder 11'6" Stand Up Paddleboard ($995 retail value) plus SUP lesson for two from Tim Lovett at Higher Ground Outfitters in Beaufort, SC
- Epic Kayak Club Carbon wing paddle. Carbon blade + green shaft. Small Mid Wing model. 205 to 215 cm. Retail value $299.
Other Good Stuff
- Gatorade, fruit, water and snacks after the race
- Paddle Battle T-shirts (Register soon to ensure you get one!
- Prizes to 3d place in each class
Port Royal Sound Foundation
Net proceeds go to the Port Royal Sound Foundation, an official 501(c)(3) corporation. Follow this link to learn more about the Foundation and its new Maritime Center on the Chechessee River. http://portroyalsoundfoundation.com/
Race categories are based on the widely used Sound Rowers System and are as follows:
High Performance Kayaks and Surfskis/Open class – This is almost all 18+ ft long kayaks plus some shorter boats like ICF K1′s and wildwater racing kayaks.
Fast Sea Kayak class – Too long (over 18 ft) or too narrow to fit into the sea kayak class.
Sea Kayak class – All boats between 14.1 feet and. 17.9 ft in length (except for narrow ICF boats)
Rec class - Any kayak or canoe 14 ft or less in length. No width data is needed.
SUP – No board lengths for SEPSeries points. (Individual events may classify by board length at their discretion.)
OC-1 – Any one person outrigger canoe
Tandem – Any tandem canoe, kayak, or outrigger.
Each boat/SUP category is further broken down into Open (below 50) and Masters (50 and over).