**SRPB 2015 CANCELLED**
After much consideration, the tough decision has been made to cancel this year's Shark River Paddle Battle due to both professional and personal reasons which would significantly effect the carrying out of the event. Not the least of which is the uncertainty behind the dredging project in the recreational channels of the Shark River, which can only be carried out from September to December and would directly affect our race course.
There is serious initiative to return in 2016 with a bigger and *better game plan, so make sure to stay in touch with the Facebook page for updates and announcements.
DON'T FORGET about the two amazing charities who need all our support:
- Mary's Place by the Sea (Ocean Grove)
- St. Jude Children's Hospital
Thanks so much for your endless support of the event and the beneficiaries... Good luck in your late season Paddle Races, and thanks so much for your understanding.
Saturday, October 3rd, 2015
Details still in the works... but here is the general idea:
Located at Memorial Park in Neptune City, there will be:
- a 5 Mile FUN Race for more experienced paddlers (Prone, SUP, Kayak)
- a 10 Mile FUN Race for experience SURF-SKI paddlers (two loops on the course)
- a 2.75 Mile FUN Paddle for more leisure paddlers (Not a Race)
- SPRINTS! - A new addition to the SRPB... Distances TBD.
*Craft and AGE categories TBD
SRPB'15 will be again donating 100% of the proceeds to two amazing Charities:
$ Entry FEE TBD $
Entry fee includes Water Bottle and Long-Sleeve Shirt (garunteed if registered by mid-September)
Other apparel will be available for sale on race day.
- Pre-registration and Packet Pick-up Friday 10/2 6pm-9pm at KELLY'S TAVERN in NEPTUNE.
- After party location to be announced.
-SUP RENTALS - please contact ANDY at PADDLE OUT MANASQUAN at (732) 223-3131
Rain or Shine - if cancelled due to weather, the race will be held on Sunday.
This will for sure be the most FUN Race day yet.
Look forward to seeing you on the water late (Indian) summer 2015.