***Race is cancelled due to high waves and unsafe conditions!
There will not be a race tomorrow, July 30th.
Click the "Register Here" button to sign up for our events open to all ages and levels of experience!
The Standup Paddle People Battle is a great event for friends and family to participate in as well as to spectate various SUP activities. Spectators are free to come and enjoy the SUP life that Illinois Beach State Park has to offer.
Join our event on Facebook
and follow us on Twitter
for updates on the race, and visit our website
to see pics from last year's race!
What to expect:
1. 1.5 Mile Fun Race
- For new paddlers, or those who just want to have a little competitive fun on the water, this race is a good bridge into the SUP racing world. 1st-3rd place Men's and Women's winners will receive medals.
2. 3 Mile Recreational Race
- This race offers an intermediate challenge for paddlers looking to have fun as well as compete on a more advanced level. 1st-3rd place Men's and Women's winners will receive hand crafted trophies*.
3. 6 Mile Elite Race
- More ambitious and experienced paddlers can compete in our 6-mile race for an opportunity to win trophies and SUP swag. 1st-3rd place Men's and Women's winners will receive hand crafted trophies**
4. Kid's Sprint Race
- If there is adequate interest on race day, we will be having a 12 and Under kid's sprint race. There will be prizes! The top three girls and boys finishers will receive gift bags and awards.
5. Friday Night pre-race dinner/hangout
- We will be having a casual gathering Friday night for anyone who wants to exchange SUP stories, carbo-load, and enjoy good company.
*Trophies are guaranteed for 1st-3rd Women's 12'6, Women's Surfstyle, Men's 12'6, Men's Surfstyle. Trophies for other crafts and ages will require 3 or more pre-registered participants per category to be awarded.
**Trophies are guaranteed for 1st-3rd Women's 12'6, Women's 14', Men's 12'6, Men's 14'. Trophies for other crafts will require 3 or more pre-registered participants per category to be awarded.
(if no vacancy, mention that you are with Midwest Standup for access to reserved rooms)