The Paddle Battle is fun for paddlers and spectators alike. It starts and finishes at Parris Island Landing on beautiful Battery Creek in Beaufort, SC.
Spectators can watch the loop course action from the Parris Island Boat Landing or adjacent boardwalk.
There are two race distances: 3.5 miles ( should be ideal for intermediate paddlers) and 7.5 miles (will provide a challenging workout for advanced paddlers).
Adult: $30, Youth: $20
- Epic Kayak Club Carbon wing paddle. Carbon blade + green shaft. Small Mid Wing model. 210 to 220 cm. Retail value $299.
- SUP lesson for 2 from Tim Lovett at Higher Ground Outfitters
Other Good Stuff
- Post race get together with beer and chili free to finishers at nearby Brody's Bar and Grill
- Gatorade, fruit, water and snacks after the race on site
- Water Festival Paddle Battle T-shirts (Register by May 3, 2016 to ensure you get one!)
- Certificates to 3d place in each class
High Performance Kayaks and Surfskis - Unlimited – All 18+ ft long kayaks plus narrow shorter boats like ICF K1′s and wildwater racing kayaks.
Fast Sea Kayak class – 18 ft or less and too narrow to fit into the sea kayak class.
Sea Kayak class – 18 ft or less with a minimum width at the 4 in waterline of 10.8% of length (Sound Rower's Classification System)
Rec class - Preferably boats 14 ft or less in length. Basically, anything goes!
SUP – 14'
SUP - 12'6"
SUP - 12' or under (surf)
Prone - 12'6"
Prone - 14'
OC-1 – Any one person outrigger canoe
Tandem – Any tandem canoe, kayak, or outrigger.
Pedal Boat - Hobie Mirage, etc.
Rowing Boats - 1 person
Each class is further broken down into Open (below 50) and Masters (50 and over).