Kayak Trader aims to introduce and expand the sport of kayaking to people all around the country. We hope that by providing a platform based on the common interest of paddling, we will be able to reach countless paddlers looking to explore the waters of the United States through canoeing and kayaking. We are very excited to be a part of the Forgotten Coast Paddle Jam 2016! For more info go to www.paddle2love.com
Hotel info: http://www.paddle2love.com/lodging.html
- There will be prizes awarded to each category 3 places deep.
- Pre Registration Friday - May 20- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Online registration closes at 5 PM on Friday, onsite registration only after that.
- Registration Saturday -May 21- starts at 7:30 AM ends 9:00 AM
- 14 Mile race will begin at 10:00 AM others soon afterward
- Awards around 2 PM.
- After Party at Bowery Station 5 PM until? Live Music and trade your bib number for a free beer!
THERE ARE THREE DISTANCES TO CHOOSE FROM, 5k,10k or 22.5k (14 miles)
THE 14 MILE RACE COURSE COULD CHANGE DUE TO CONDITIONS! BACKUP OPTION WOULD BE TWO LOOPS ON 6 MILE COURSE FOR 12 MILES. CONDITIONS WILL BE EVALUATED THE MORNING OF THE RACE.
Race categories are based primarily on the sound rowers system of length and width ratio which is a very equitable method of grouping paddlers by boat type. You can learn more here and even look up your own make and model to find your category.
High Performance Kayaks/Open class – This is almost all 18+ ft long kayaks (depending on width) plus some shorter boats like ICF K1′s and wildwater kayaks.
Fast Sea Kayak class – Too long or too narrow (or both) to fit into sea kayak class. Too short or too wide for HPK.
Sea Kayak class - Starting at 14.1 ft in length up to approx. 16-17.5 ft in length depending on width.
Rec class - This is anything at 14 ft or less in length, period. No width data is needed.
Masters age group – Anyone 50 or over
Tandem – Any tandem canoe, kayak, or outrigger.
SUP - Open to all boards