Date: Saturday, February 10th, 2018 Temps: Low 56 degrees - High 78 degrees
Tides: Incoming til 11:40 am - High 11:48 am - Low 3:15 pm
Teams of 4 SUP Paddlers have 2.5 hours to navigate through the mangrove mazes of Ten
Thousand Islands to retrieve treasure from 15 hidden treasure chests. The team to collect all 15
gold doubloons and cross the finish line in the shortest amount of time wins.
Red Bull Privateers Rules and Format
- Participants will start on Cape Romano, Ten Thousand Islands, FL.
- At the sound of the cannon teams take off into the course in any direction they choose.
- Teams will have two and a half hours to collect one doubloon from each of the 15 treasure chests.
- The team that collects all the doubloons and crosses the finish line in the fastest time, wins!
- All team members must be present at the beach with their medallions before they may cross the finish line.
- All teams will consist of 4 team members. Participants will be assigned to a team if they enter as an individual
- Participants may have more than one person per board if they choose, but may not go over the 4 person per team restriction.
- Teams can stay together of split up, depending on strategy.
- Each participant shall receive a map 15 minutes prior to the start of the event of the general location of each of the treasure chests
- 15 chests total shall be anchored throughout the course, each containing 50 – 100 gold doubloons
- Chests may run out of coins, but this plays into team strategy
- Secret doubloons will be hidden throughout the course (not in chests) and they will be redeemable for special prizes donated by our sponsors.
- Teams must stay on their board in mangrove areas and may only get off board in designated beach areas or to retrieve a coin.
- Foot protection is recommended
- PFD, Leash are required by all participants required
- SUP and Prone will be allowed to participate. No canoes, kayaks, or boards with additional propulsion of any kind.
- Entry fee is $25 per person/$100 per team
- A portion of entry fees shall be donated to the Rookery Bay Estuarine Research Reserve
ALL EVENT PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIER OWN TRANSPORT OUT TO THE CHECK IN TENT ON CAPE ROMANO.
Check In, The Captains Meeting, The Main Event and all pre and post event activities shall take place on Cape Romano. There shall be several "On Island" Events happening from Friday, February 9th until Sunday, February 11th. Food, drinks, music, bonfires, Manufacturer equipment and board demos, an on beach screening of "Plastic Oceans", shall be provided at Sponsor Campsites. Food Boats shall be anchored offshore 24 hours a day from mid day Friday until Saturday night. Cape Romano is an uninhabited Island with no bathrooms, fresh water or shelter. We'll post Cape Romano camping area maps and guidelines that shall assist in your preparation and planning to make this weekend one to remember.
Mainland Launching Points: