Join us for the 1st Annual St Patty's Paddle Weekend to
be held during the 17th Annual Pig on the Pond. This fun for the whole
family weekend long celebration will become a major event for Florida’s
Saturday March 14, 2015
Sunrise Leprechaun Hunt is go at your own pace and is open to ALL paddle craft.
- You can paddle as much or as little as you'd like.
- Bring your SUP, Kayak, Canoe, etc. and hunt for the elusive Leprechauns around the shore of Lake Minneola.
- When you return to land, enjoy a pancake breakfast which is included with your registration. Those not up for getting on the water but who still want to be a part of and support this wonderful event can purchase a breakfast only ticket.
- For every Leprechaun found you'll receive a ticket and a chance to win a variety of valuable prizes in our Lucky Leprechaun Drawings.
Sunday March 15, 2015
Break out your lucky stick! The Shamrock SUP races will have a race for everyone! And as this is a charity event to ultimately benefit our little ones, each of our races will have a Parent/Grom division!
- If you’re feeling the Luck of the Irish then our 5 mile elite race brought to you by WatersEdge SUP, the Big Shillelagh, is your race!
- Those looking for a fun time on a pristine body of water and a wee bit less challenging will love our 2.5 mile rec race, the Lucky Shamrock.
- Never raced before but would like to give it a try while staying close to the beach and your friends? Our 1.5 mile race for first time racers, the Green Clover, will be perfect for you!
- We thought the best way to honor our groms was to give them their very own FREE 1 mile race, Revenge of the Leprechauns!
- Because there's no better way to finish a race than with a sprint, our last race of the day is sure to be just as much fun for those watching from the shore as it will be for those competing in our End of the Rainbow Sprint!
- Besides great races on a beautiful lake in front of a major event with carnival rides & games, music, food and more, you will also see the some of the hottest & newest products our sponsors will have on display in their booths. And you'll even have a chance to win some of those products in our Pot O' Gold Raffle!
What is the Pig on the Pond?
The annual “Pig on the Pond” event enables more than
20 local non-profit organizations to conduct fundraising efforts at Lake
Minneola’s Waterfront Park with approximately 50 sponsors providing much-needed
financial support for Youth organizations in Lake County. The attendance has averaged
27,000 people at the event and the organizations have risen over $700,000 since
2003 for scholarships and education for the South Lake community. Proceeds from
this year’s St. Patty's Paddle Weekend will directly benefit the Lake County
Rowing Association Youth Program, a registered 501(c)(3) organization. Your
generous, tax deductible support of this event will provide equipment,
coaching, and training needed to develop this competitive program as well as
scholarship funding for youths in Lake County.
For further information -
Pig on the Pond - www.pigonthepond.org
Lake County Rowing - www.rowlcra.org
Orlando Stand Up Paddleboarding- OSUP